Katherine’s practice includes a wide variety of commercial real estate transactions, with an emphasis on commercial leasing. She has more than 20 years of experience representing landlords and tenants in connection with the negotiation of retail and office leases and lease modifications; representing real estate investors and developers in the acquisition, development, and disposition of commercial real estate; and representing lenders and borrowers in connection with real estate-secured acquisitions, refinancing, and construction loans. Katherine has also worked in-house with an international telecommunications company and a health and wellness start-up. She received her J.D. from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law, where she received the American Jurisprudence Award in Contracts and an externship with Justice Marvin Baxter at the California Supreme Court.
Recent Publications and Speaking Engagements:
- Update Author, Chapter 6 “Options to Extend Lease Term” and Chapter 19 “Exclusive Use and Radius Restrictions,” Retail Leasing, California Continuing Education of the Bar (2014 through 2017)
- Author, “Underestimates of CAM may Lead to Allegations of Fraud,” Retail Law Strategist (2014)
- Panelist, Real Property Law Practice, 34th Annual Recent Developments, Continuing Education of the Bar (San Francisco and Santa Clara, 2014)
- Author, “The New LEED for Retail Certification – Can it Improve the Bottom Line?” Chain Store Age (2011)
- Co-Author with Monica Sloboda, “The Importance of Greening Your Lease,” The Counselors of Real Estate (2010)